Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Is there life after the beat down?




We all know Chris Brown hasn't exactly been making his mama proud lately (openly chilling at Diddy's summer home hours after beating an international pop princess like she stole something...he's made better decisions). Brown is the perpetrator in the most talked about domestic violence scandal since we found out Bishop Thomas Weeks was abusing our favorite female evangelist, Juanita Bynum. What's different about this case? Chris Brown and Rihanna are young American pop royalty with good looks, style, and talent for days, and they're both barely old enough to drink legally.

So he faced the music and now he's stuck cleaning the streets, and oh yeah, he'll live the rest of his life with an ugly criminal record. But what this brotha has over the other convicted felons out there is that he's such a cutie pie. Honestly, we all know Chris Brown may have lost some banging endorsement deals, but he'll probably have an album out within a year, and it'll probably go platinum. But what about his relationship fate? Is there hope for his love life after the worst beat down of his young life? Will we shake our heads at the next PYT on Mr. Brown's arm, but secretly envy her?

I've heard most young women my age dis Chris for his ways, but they were the same young women talking about how fine he was a few months ago. And don't most women secretly take pride in getting the guy who they think they can change into the man he's supposed to be? Beating Rihanna was grimy, but, if Chris Brown walked up to you and spit game tomorrow, would you send him walking (with his super star status, southern boy charm, and serious bank)?

As much as my mother would hate for me to admit it, I'd think twice before telling the brother that all I could offer him was prayer. Shoot, the last time I went on a date...wait, does that intern mixer a random hottie invited me to even count as a date? Probably not. Should the ladies look past Chris Brown's ruined rep to see the great catch he used to be--or at least the guy we all thought he was?

Tell me what you think.

4 comments:

LilMizSunshyne said...

After every thing that has transpired over the last few months, I've grown to really dislike Chris Brown and how he's handled this situation. When he didn't immediately issue a statement about what had happened *and i know for legal reasons he couldn't say anything* i think he lost a little bit of credibility. What really took me was when he did that little webcam blog and said, "i ain't a monster" - that right there told me that he really didnt take the situation that he was in seriously. Like, who says that?

so to answer your question, I would turn him down if he tried to holla. I know that he's young, and talented, but regardless of all the help that he does get, it would take me time to really look past the fact that he put his hands on a woman. And i know that this happens every day around the world, but when you're in the spotlight like he is, i think there should've been a better way for him to handle it so that he showed his fans that he appreciated the for all of their care and support.

NaTashaJ said...

I would have to agree, as much as women talked bad about Mr. Brown we know that deep in our hearts we would love to get wifed up and become Mrs. Brown (with an occasional beat down in between or not). But whoever does decide to date Chris next needs to be aware that they can't and will not change him, no matter how hard anyone trys.

Ki-ki P. said...

Well i would have to say that i agree that CB is one sexy dude! but what he did to rihanna was just wrong and he was not punished enough for it. And as for him getting another girl im jus gonna feel bad for her. Her reputation is ruined already...poor thing. Sidenote: I'll still hit but definitely would not take it any further than that....lol

Lenaj said...

Sadly, I might still accept his invitation to go on a date. Just a few months ago I was so against him (and stand firm in my belief that what he did was wrong). However, to be truthful if he came at me I would HOLLA back.